Sunday, July 18, 2010

my so called life

im an insomniac lately.i hate it.but im having issues sleeping tonight so i figured id write an update rather than toss and turn and keep Josh up.so here i am.

So the big news is that got all our debts paid off this month.Weve been snowballing them for about ten months now.Our debt snowball is pretty much over.Whoo-hoo!!!We do have Josh's student loan that we are working on,but we arent gonna snowball that until after we take our vacation in october.So now we are actively working on our vacation snowball and heading towards an all expenses paid Hawaiian vacation!(: yay!we are very very excited and should have our tickets by the end of the month!:P We finally get our long awaited honeymoon,after three and a half years!

So me and Jenn ran the midnight sun run in June and finished our first 10k in about an hour and ten minutes...it was an awesome experience,and a ton of fun.I couldn't bare to stop my training though,so i figured hey!i need something else to push for,the summer is only half over...
so im going to attempt to run the north pole half-marathon in august.Im loving the challenge of the training...i ran 8 miles for my long run yesterday,and my short runs are averaging 3-6 miles several times a week...next week i will attempt a 9 miler for my long run...my legs are killing me today,but i love it!a half marathon is 13 miles,so i have a ways to go yet.

Ive been experimenting with mixing my own grains and making multigrain gluten free breads,and thats been pretty awesome.im playing with spelt,(my fav.)barley,millet,quinoa,
amaranth,oats,flax,wheat,buckwheat,...and xanthan gum is my new best freind...im sure your all convince that im a hippie now,but i still wear deoderant,and you might think different if you tasted my bread :P

Im reading a great book right now too,its called A Woman after God's own heart.Its been very helpful to me in my spiritual walk lately,and if you need something to read its pretty basic but pretty awesome!Bek recommended it to me and im so glad she did.

Mac is changing every day.her favorite words are..."poop","no,no,no","tori","roo"(rueben),and "cracker"...she says alot of other stuff too we just cant decipher it quite yet...but it wont be long.
shes very much into climbing and extremely independent.she likes to sing and starts dancing every time she hears music.she cracks herself up by walking around with both her fingers up her nose and laughing like a maniac.she will sit in the back of the van and have a full-on un-decipherable conversation with herself and cackle between avery word like she thinks she is just sooooooooooo hilarious...i just wonder what she's talking about that so funny(:

Josh is doing great...just working like a madman as usual and getting super excited about our vacation...he started working out again to get his bikini body for hawaii,and has even taken up running some...(: he hates running,so i think its funny(: but he's doing awesome at it(:
He bought a nice mt. bike this summer and weve done quite a but of riding as well.Not as much as we'd like,but he's been working lots of overtime to accomplish our goals,and im super proud of him for working so hard.i love my man(:

Well i think im finally getting tired,so im out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that was a wonderful way to spend your waking hours. I love reading about one of my dearest friends! Love you!
amber

blondevue... said...

Hey, great post :) 9 Miles sure is a long ways to run!
I think I need more time with Mac, that way she can associate my name with me instead of your cell phone, which I love by the way. She's a doll. :)
It'll be great having you guys in Hawaii, although I'm pretty sure we won't see you much seeing as its your honeymoon :)
I wanna try some of that spelt bread! Sounds yummy to me!

Enjoy your summer love you friend,
Tori

Mrs.Lambert said...

love you both back!!!!!!a ton!(: