Tuesday, August 11, 2009

mom's bag

So...heres the bag i made this week...i gave it to my mom...it was created with her in mind.i love the fur around the top,it makes it look so wintery.i found the handpainted button at a thrift store,and ive been dying to put it on something special(:




my first attempt at embroidery...










So,in my devotions this week,there were two things that stood out to me,that ive really been meditating on.
Here's a thought to consider..."YOU ARE WHAT YOU DO"...the virtuous woman was considered what she was because of the things she DID do and the things she DIDNT do.if you practice evil,you will be considered an evil person.But if you practice good,you will be considered a good person.We are all sinners that struggle with the flesh everyday,but the difference is in the choices of our actions.What kind of behavior do YOU practice?
The second thing that stood out to me is a Bible verse.
"HATRED STIRRETH UP STRIFES:BUT LOVE COVERETH ALL SINS."Proverbs 10:12
Hatred and Love are portrayed as more than just feelings.they are conscious actions,a choice.
Poeple know that they are loved not only be the way they are treated,but by the way they ARENT treated.The same with hatred.You can tell someone that you love them all day long, but if you dont act it out,show it with your actions ,and abstain from evil that will cause them pain, they will never believe you.If you feel hate for someone,whether you want to or not,as long as you dont ACT on those feelings,they will never be hurt.
These are just some of my thoughts from this week...
The sermon that was preached on Sunday talked about overcoming GIANTS in your life...I have some incredibly big giants in my life right now,and i would appreciate all your prayers as i face them everyday.Im trying desperately to learn to lean on the Lord to fight these Giants for me, but i often fail in this area.Please pray for me if you love me.Thankyou all

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your in my heart and I am praying for you. I know you must be going through alot right now. I am also. You know that. We both are trying to lean on Him, I will keep you in my heart as I try and face these Giants also. Thanks for the devotion. Do you use a commentary or are you just taking this straight from the Bible. Either way, I need to start doing this more too. If you want we can study together.
Amber

blondevue... said...

Praying for you Ang. The sermon sounds really good. Was it from my Grandpa? I miss him sorely. :(
See you sooner rather than later friend.
Tori

Happy Girl said...

It's always great when we learn things in our devotions that we can apply to our own lives. =) That's awesome Ang. And I think I've heard a few lessons done about "giants" before, they all have a different take on it, but it's still good.

Mo said...

Love the bag and the button. GOOD job. Embroidery is such a BIG craft from little bitty threads and needles. Keep up the good work.