Friday, April 9, 2010

life and love

Update on our lives:hmmm...where to start.

One of my new years resolutions was to learn how to manage our money better and work on our budgeting and saving.and boy have we ever!this is one area of our lives that is really exciting right now,becasue we have been watching Dave Ramsey and applying his principles and its so amazing to so the changes coming about.we are really starting to see some huge results and we've only been working on it for a few months.We got all our debts paid off,except two,and we are about to start our "debt snowball"and should have it taken care of completely and finally within the year.That includes josh's student loan.We also have a savings account in place that is something we have never had before.Its an untouchable emergency fund.its awesome.We cant wait until we are able to start saving more and giving more.its very exciting.If any of you havnt read Dave Ramsey's book,you should.Its a work of art.

Josh is soon to be off of the probationary period for his new job,and is doing really well.he loves police work,and always comes home excited to tell me what he's been up to that day.I love it. I love that he is happy and that makes me happy for him.He will be working days this coming summer,so i will be glad to have him home at night.he's been on night shifts for the whole winter,so it will be nice to have a normal schedule throughout the summer months.im not sure we know how to function like normal people anymore(: it should be and interesting adjustment.

McKinley is growing like a weed.she's such a little woman...she talks constantly but were never quite sure what shes saying.other than all the mama-dada's that she throws in every other word.she's a really good natured child,and we have lots of fun together.she laughs constantly and is very ornery.we have been working on "training" her to behave and listen,and she's extremely smart and learning quickly.i knw shes gonna start speaking english in no time,im just waiting for the day it happens(: she runs around like a wild woman and never stops until i through her in her bed to recharge her batteries.she's very high energy.cant imagine where she got that.

Im doin ok...i need alot of prayer.Ive been fighting depression alot lately,and its not an easy thing to admit or deal with.Ive just been trying to give my battles to the Lord and ask for joy,and Hes always faithful when i ask.Why I dont ask more often is beyond me.Stupid human nature i suppose.Im still working hard on my fitness and training for the charity runs this summer...
im pretty excited about it(: Ive begun a new organic lifestyle for myself and my family and ive been studying alot about the health benefits and it takes alot of time and effort learning a new way of life.but its exciting !!!

We are going to ninilchic for a week the end of April for a break from fairbanks and work and to spend time with the in-laws and rest up.do some fishing.take a rode trip. and have a good time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like all great changes and events. Sorry to hear about your struggle with depression. You know I have been there and also fight it often. Love you so much. I have a book that would be great for you, it's a Christian study about breaking free. If you want to know more let me know. It helpes me alot! God bless you all as life keeps changing.,
Amber

blondevue... said...

These are the best kind of posts Ang, real life stuff. Where you talk. Ninilchik will be fun. I have been trying to get on the Dave Ramsey stuff too, listened to some of his cd's. Good stuff.
Summer is coming, glad your path will soon be cleared off for a awesome summer. :)
Much love,
Tori

Jenn said...

I am so glad you guys get a break and get to head to Ninilchik for a week! I know you guys will have a great time with Mom and Dad. Chubby probly won't love me as much when you get back though....pout! Oh well, I'm sure we can bond more this summer. You and I need to get together and start running outside. I'm looking for a running stroller for the two little boys and the older boys can ride their bikes! It will be fun. Call me if you wanna hang out sometime. Love you!!!