Monday, August 9, 2010

Running girl 909

So,here i am heading off to run my first half marathon...jenn shot this picture for me at 7:45am on saturday...she was watching the baby for me.Thanx Jenn!Check out the hideous shirts they gave us...wow.ya i know,,,not exactly my color,lime yellow...im pretty sure its not ANYBODY'S color.So ya,its not the best picture,early morning bags under my eyes,lime yellow shirt,shot from a low vantage point by a midget,but its the best i could do(:

ANYWAYS!!!i totally did it!(: i ran 13.1 miles,my time was pretty average,it took me exactly 2hrs and 34 mins,and i placed 97th out of 141 women.I definetly ran slower than usual to keep my endurance up till the end,but now i have an official goal to beat for my next race!(: Im hoping to run it again next year and beat my time by ALOT...but who know what will be going on next year.Id like to run throughout the winter and participate in ALL the races next year...maybe even a full marathon(: can you imagine running 26 miles???oooooohhhhh....i want that(:

Anyways,just thought id let yall know how it went,even though most of my readers PROBABLY already know by now(: Thanx for all the support!!!

5 comments:

LydiaRose~ said...

26 miles?????? wowow.

Anonymous said...

Your my hero! but you already knew that.

Deidre said...

Way to go! That's awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

love this picture! Congratulations!-Natasha

blondevue... said...

Woot-woot, ya did it, and ya did it well! Glad God took away the pain in your knees and you were able to push through.
That color is pretty crazy! And the bags under the eyes? My dear, going to the fair the night before with your hubby probably had something to do with that. ;)
Sweet of Jenn to take the picture, you look great :)