Friday, June 27, 2008

WHATS HAPPENING THIS WEEK

Week 6: The neural tube closes

Your baby at week six (four weeks after conception)
Growth is rapid this week. Just four weeks after conception, your baby is about 1/8 of an inch long. The neural tube along your baby's back is now closed, and your baby's heart is beating with a regular rhythm.
Basic facial features will begin to appear, including an opening for the mouth and passageways that will make up the inner ear. The digestive and respiratory systems begin to form as well.
Small blocks of tissue that will form your baby's connective tissue, ribs and muscles are developing along your baby's midline. Small buds will soon grow into arms and legs.

4 comments:

kim said...

Awwwww....I'm so happy for y'all!!!
I love the baby info too!

Anonymous said...

I did this for my mom each week. I would print one of these tid pits and give it to her from Harley. This way she would know what was going on in my belly. I started is at 14 weeks I had wished I started it as soon as you did. She got one each week till 40. Little did I know I would be 5 days late!!!!
So happy for you and Jade is too.
Amber

blondevue... said...

That is so awesome Ang!!
Its so cool to know what all is happening inside you as your guy's baby grows.
Thanks for posting it.
Hope your having a great day!
Love you,
Tori

Anonymous said...

Ang, this is really neat. Keep it up. Love you.