Tuesday, February 24, 2009

2nd week with miss McKinley

studying with that daddy(:
the first bath!!!(: big yawn!!!first baths are exhausting!!! mom,ur squooshing my face!!!(:
my favorite jammies... this is a very McKinley look and pose...this one really captured her essence...haha(:
talkin to that mommy....(: i cant beleive my baby is almost two weeks old already!!!im healing quickly,and feeling a little better every day.ive started back to my housework and cant wait to start my workouts back up. ill probly wait a few more weeks on that.i have lost twenty-three pounds since i had the baby,its incredible.i only have 5-10 lbs left to be where i was before i got preggers.i guess all that healthy eating and excercise really paid off...im really glad because i was only halfway to my goal last summer,so i intend to get right back with it,and hopefully hit my goal by summertime...the nursing should help with that.by the way,what up with all you moms failing to mention how excrutiatingly painful nursing is for the first few weeks???nicely kept secret!!!im FINALLY starting to get over the worst soreness,and its been two weeks!!!man!!
anyways,im loving being a mommy,despite all the various pains that go with it,and josh is loving beiing a daddy(: hes a great daddy,and hes completely in love with his little girl...his academy is going great,last week was all prelim stuff,and it was pretty boring,but this week,they're learning defensive tactics,and basically getting the snot kicked outta them all day long.hes completely bruised and battered up,and hes loving every minute of it.CRAZY!!!we're on the second week already,i have a feeling its gonna go really fast,and he'll be graduating before we know it!!!our truck blew up last week,so we only have the minivan now,so im pretty much stuck at home now.RATS(: thats ok though,havent had much desire to go out and do much anyways(:we did go to town on saturday and showed the baby off at my shop,that was fun!!!
well,thats it for now,im off to make a pizza for dinner...love you guys!!!

5 comments:

Nick said...

It 'should' be smooth sailing from here on with the nursing issue. It is such a joy to know that more mothers are breastfeeding these days. Don't push yourself to soon with the exercise stuff it will happen quick enough. Enjoy your baby she is amazing.

Amy (sorry I forgot to sign out of Nick's account)

Anonymous said...

I am glad that mommy hood is treating you well. Yeah that soreness will go away and you will be just fine! trust me,,, been there done that and got the T-shirt.

Anyway great pics and great update!
Love ya'
Amber

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are so cute! It's great to see McKinely spending quality time with mommy and daddy :)You both are awesome parents! You look beautiful Ang. Don't rush into working out, we want you to heal first;)Let me know if I can help with anything!
Big Hugs,
Michelle G. =0)

Happy Girl said...

Good grief girl! Only 5-10 pounds left? That is awesome! 10 points for you my friend. =) That's been one of my biggest scares of being pregnant (in the far, far future) is that I would gain a bucketload of weight and be a balloon for the rest of my life. Thanks for being the example, I'll have to get your secrets later. =)

Haha! It just dawned on me that I've gained 10 pounds this past year and I'm NOT PREGNANT! Oh my goodness that's just pathetic. =}

Mo said...

oh, I was going to tell you, sometimes it hurts to nurse. Wait, I DID tell your mom to get you some A&D ointment.........that helped me.
What a sweet little girl you have.....so glad all is well and that your mom is downstairs. She helped me LOTS when I was a new mama.