Monday, February 16, 2009

Welcome McKinley Jordan Lambert!!!(:

ok,heres McKinleys story...(; my water broke around ten o clock on tuesday night,and i woke up to pre-labor contractions around 12;30,called jenn,she told me to wait awhile,so tried to go back to sleep.but i was waking up to a contraction every 5-7 minutes pretty much all night,so around 3;00 i called my midwife at the hospital,and she told me to wait till they were four minutes apart,and then come to the hospital.so i paced and ate breakfast,and sat around,and tried to sleep,and finally fell asleep till about seven,at which point my midwife,mary beth,called me back to see why i wasnt at the hospital yet.i told her they had actually slowed down to abt ten minutes apart,so i had been sleeping.she told me to go ahead and come in so they could check if my water was broken for sure,and so it was.when she checked my cervix,it was still very thick,and i wasnt dialated at all,so she put this pill up me that helps thin the cervix out,and get your contractions going again,and so it did. so i walked the halls and stairs for a few hours with josh,and then pretty soon i hit the hard labour,in the early afternoon.the worst part was that it was all in my back. so i laboured all afternoon,and they kept checking me,but i had only dialated to a one and a half by the late afternoon.so she put another pill up me,and started me on antibiotics becuz my water had been broken for a long time,and i was pretty much in hard labor till about 11;30p.m.,at which point a had FINALLY dialated to a four.they had been making me walk the halls for hours,trying to get the baby to drop,and i was having hard contractions in my back the whole evening,until i got so weak,josh was practically holding me up while we walked,and every 30-45 seconds,i had to stop and grab the railing and rock through a contractions that lasted a minute or more,and then i started throwing up because i wass so dehydrated,it was awful.i thought for hours that i was gonna die.but i didnt(: and josh was so awesome and supportive,i wouldnt have made it through i dont think without him there.just having him there with me made me feel stronger,and when i wanted to give up i just prayed and hung onto josh for dear life.so when they finally got me to a four,i was able to get the blessed epidural i had been longing for around 11;30.
it took about ten minutes,and i was completely pain free,my labor sped up,and five hours later,after a nice long nap,i pushed McKinley Jordan out,with her daddy assisting the whole time.31 hours of labor,she was born at exactly five oclock i the morning on Feb.12th.it only took about ten minutes of pushing to get her out.that was the awesome part.josh cut her cord,and they put her on my belly first thing while they cleaned her off,and then handed her to me and her eyes were wide open,watching my face,and she started nursing right away.then her daddy helped the nurse get her cleaned off and weighed,and measured.all in all,it was the most awesome experience of our lives.



a proud daddy cutting the cord



20 inches long....



7lb.3oz !!!



my baby's (:




one day old... four days old
because i dont look angelic enough when i sleep,ill just put my hands up here all cute like this(:
going to the doctor for her first checkup


























12 comments:

Grammie Kim said...

Glad you put pictures up. I intended to bring my camera up last night to take a new picture, and forgot. She was pretty much starving last night, anyway...
:o)

Jenn said...

Those are the most adorable pictures ever.....I am so thankful everything worked out. Loveyou guys!!

blondevue... said...

Great labor story Ang! And even better pictures, babies are such miracles! And she is amazing!
Thanks for posting pictures, I can't wait to meet her!
Love,
Tori

Anonymous said...

Congrats Ang and Josh. You did a great job. Your daughter is beautiful. :)
Love,
Brenda

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you Ang. You did me no service though with the pictures! Now all I can think about is having another baby myself! THANKS!

No really she is beautiful.... So are you. What a tropper... I am amazed at how you never gave up,,, but then again how could you with a prize like that. It's amazing how our men really pitch in and help more than they think they do. Kodos to Josh for being there 31 hours and helping out like a nurse!
Love you all (three now)
Amber

Amy said...

I am so very thankful that you are both fine. God is so good to us underserving sinners. She is beautiful. Cherish every last moment, you will be planning her wedding before you realize what hit you:)

Anonymous said...

How can she look so tiny and still have a chubby face?
Another little one who wont even know who I am.. :O(
I gotta get this kid out or I'm never going to stop crying about everything....

kim said...

AWWWWWW!!!! She's the most adorable baby EVER!!!! Those pictures were SO cute. :D

Olivia said...

AW. She's too cute. Congratulations. :o)

Husker Girl said...

Congratulations Angela and Josh!!!!
What a precious and beautiful gift God gave the two of you. She is so pretty.
I am so glad that everything went well for both of you.
Cherish every moment you have to spend with her.
Pam

Anonymous said...

She's soooo sweet!!!! Congratulations!
Lydia Rose~

Mo said...

glad she's here.....I vote YES for pacifiers. Keep at least four handy.