Saturday, March 26, 2011

"A Woman After God's Own Heart"-by Elizabeth George

Amber and i just started reading this book today.What a challenge.We are trying to help each other turn our daily devotions into a habit...seems like i do good for a few months,and bad for a few...ive been real busy lately,but now that life is slowing down a bit,its time to refocus.

This book starts out by challenging you to give yourself to God each and everyday.A simple concept,but man!trying to remember to do this everyday,not so simple!Its like i need to put a post-it on my bathroom mirror to remind me until i form the habit!maybe i will.Its a change of heart that im looking for and i believe it will make all the difference in my day-by-day walk.Choose God every day!!!

Then she challenges you to stop before every decision and figure out the what is good,better,and best.and always choose the best!consider what God would have you choose.In every response,in every reaction,in evry decision.ha!that will be a challenge as well...and so this week,im working on that...its gonna take some practice to stop and consider GOD'S best and not just react with my own decisions.

She talk about cultivating a 'HOT HEART' towards God.not cold,not lukewarm.That is something to pray about.God will have to do this for me.I will have to ask him for this.

The biggest thing she challenged me on in this chapter was giving everything to him everyday.
My Family,My husband,My daughter,and letting him do what he knows is best,.Its easier for me to give him the little things,but the thought of asking God to do whatever he wants with my family,i immediately panic.How could i live without then if He decided to take them away?!?
I need to work on loosening my grip,and trusting that He knows whats best,whatever that might be.Nothing i have been given is my own,and thats a hard pill to swallow.

"Hold all things lightly,and nothing tightly"

"God is ready to assume full responsability for the life wholly yeilded to Him"-Andrew Murray

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok you said it eactly as I was thinking it. The part about yeilding your family to him. Remember when I text you about "I knew I needed to do some things but was not happy about it"? This was what I was talking about. Something in me was screaming NO!!!! Don't let go of that hold.... If you let God take full control over your family than he might see fit to take them. That scared me so bad that I just disagreed with it... Then I started to think about it again and I don't disagree with it, I just don't like it. I want to be in control of their fate. I want to hold on to them with my whole being. But I can't. I am not in control of their lives GOD is. I can't tell when things will or won't happen. I just have to trust God that it is his prefect will that their lives be what HE WOULD HAVE THEM TO BE. So because of that and my change of heart and mind, I do agree with it. And now I do ask God to take control of their lives and use them and do what he wants to with them. Because in the end it's all about Him....

Thanks for writting about our lesson. It was a good one and I look forward to chapter two~

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite books ever.
Although I think I liked her "Mom after God's own heart" even better.

Jenn said...

What Bek said!