Thursday, November 20, 2008

THANKFULNESS




Isnt it so much easier to be discontent than it is to be thankful?it seems to come so naturally,the worldly way of thinking,"if only i had this,id be happy.""If only i had what she had,id be content."




I know its not thanksgiving yet,but i think its silly to wait for one particular holiday to practice thanksgiving.Paul admonished us..."for I have learned in whatsoever state i am,therewith to be content." Im pretty sure he wasnt just in a good mood here,and so he felt content.This verse implies that it didnt come naturally.Im convinced that if we practice thankfulness,on a daily basis,that contentment and joy will be ours.And practice make perfect!!!(:




In my devotion today,I read that Joy begins with contentment.ive been kinda feeling sorry for myself lately,because i feel fat,im discouraged about my sister,i hate the cold and darkness,etc.


But this morning ive determined to be thankful for all the wonderful things in my life,and im already smiling,and its not even light out yet!!!(:




Im so thankful for my wonderful God,because no matter how far from Him i stray,hes always there waiting for me to come back,and He is never unfaithful.isnt it nice to have such a solid Rock in your life?




Im so thankful for my hardworking husband,who,no matter how much he hates his job,and how unfairly he gets treated at work,gets up everyday and goes back out there to provide for me and our little one.Im so thankful that he comes home to me every night,and that he wants to,and is content to be here.




Im so thankful for my baby,even though shes making me fat,and uncomfortable,and sometimes i can hardly breathe or sleep.I cant wait to meet her in Febuary,and im so thankful that shes healthy and ive made it this far!!!




Im thankful for my parents,and i wish i had acted more grateful to them when i was younger. Im just beginning to realize how wise and loving they really are,and were,despite being convinced when i was younger that they were just trying to run my life and make me miserable.Im so thankful that they protected me from the world,and taught me how to make good choices.Im still learning from them everyday.Its all starting to make sense(:




This post is long enogh.I hope everybody will practice Thankfulness and Contentment with me today,and just see if it doesnt make a difference in your outlook and attitude.Love you all!!!




"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts,...and be ye thankful."Colossians 3;15

3 comments:

Kassandra said...

thank you for this post. :o) If you've read my blog lately, you know that I needed it. Thanks for being a good example in this area. Love you. :o)

Anonymous said...

Ang, you are to right. I needed that as much as everyone else does. Hang in there things are already starting to look lighter! I love you and always will.
Your Amberburger!

blondevue... said...

Great Post Ang, this is all so true. Last night in church the Pastor taught somewhat on this, it really is our duty before God to serve Him out of Joy and longing to be and do what He wants us to do.
I hope that you have a great day!
Love,
Tori