Monday, March 16, 2009

the battle begins...

...so...its been a month...since i had the baby...im pretty much at a standstill with my weight loss.
after the first 25 lbs i lost the first two weeks,my weight has stayed pretty much the same these past two weeks.so i guess its time to take some action.some of my clothes are fitting again,but im gonna have to do some serious toning before they look good.i only have ten pounds to go to get where i was last summer,when i was really seeing some results,so thats my first goal.

i started the south beach diet today,and i plan to work out 5-6 days a week also.strength training 3 days a week,and cardio 3-6 times a week.i worked out up till the day mckinley was born,so ive only been away from it for a month.im sure ill be sore thus week,but it shouldnt last toooooo long,since im still somewhat in shape.im gonna start slow today,and just see how i feel.im starting with phase 2 of the southbeach diet,since im nursing,i dont want to cut out all my carbs.i think just the absence of sugar in my diet will make a big difference.

im actually really excited to see what happens this week,and im hoping to make it to my anniversary/birthday without poking any sugar in my mouth.i want to meet my first goal by then,which would get me back to last year.so....my anniversary is the 21st of april,and my bday is the 23rd,which gives me approx. 5 weeks to lose ten lbs.i think thats fairly reasonable.

then i can gorge myself on birthday cake and set my next goal(:
ive been following ambers weight loss blog,and she is just a major inspiration to me,i hope i can be as dedicated as her!!!im just gonna document on my regular blog,if you guys dont wanna read it,just skip over the weight loss part(:

MENU DAY ONE:

BREAKFAST:
half cup oatmeal,with one cup of 1% milk,1 cup strawberries,and a few walnuts-8oz water

SNACK:
6 oz light blueberry yogurt -8 oz water

LUNCH:
salad with light ranch dressing and 1 oz of cheese -8 oz water

SNACK:
apple and light cheesestick -8 oz water

DINNER:
6 oz of meat,2 servings veggies -8 oz water

DESSERT/SNACK:
chocolate ricotta creme' (ricotta cheese mixed with cocoa,splenda,vanilla and a few dark choco.chips) -8 oz water

WORKOUT DAY ONE:
20 min cardio(eliptical)
full body strength train-2 sets each muscle group,20 reps each



ANYBODY INTERESTED IN HAVING A "BIGGEST LOSER" CONTEST BETWEEN NOW AND THE END OF APRIL???IM THINKIN,ME,TORI,JENN,AMBER,LANAE ?AND BEK,IF YOUR UP FOR IT(: ARENT WE ALL TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT???LET ME KNOW IF ANYONE'S UP FOR THE CHALLENGE(: THIS COULD BE ALOT OF FUN!!!(:

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am in! I ate great today and I am super proud of me, I am going walking in like 5 minutes without the baby so I can get some speed and then I am coming in and trying to do a cardio DVD once the little one is in bed. Thanks for mentioning me. I don't feel like an inspiration when the scale don't move.. I love ya' and I am looking forward to seeing if we get this challenge up and running.
You ever come to my blog?
Amber

blondevue... said...

Sounds awesome Ang!!! I really enjoyed our talk the other night, and love you dearly. :)
This biggest loser idea is great, you are doing so good, and I think it will make me work even harder having some competition!!
I wanted to start putting down what I ate during the day on my blog so I was accountable, but instead Lanae` and I are journal'ing it. Its funny though because between your and Amber's weight blog I eat about the same thing as you guys do.
You are so going to be able to loose the weight, and at the same time inspire me to workout.
*If it isn't swimming or snowboarding, I seem to dread it!* But tonight I'm getting Jen (our neighbor) to go running with me, when Lanae`s at the gym. I gotta burn that donut from yesterday!!
Thank you for the fabulous idea/challenge!
Tori

Mrs.Lambert said...

i visit your blogs almost every day!!!i even left you a comment today...im glad your in,i knew you would be!!!your awesome,im so excited!love you

Mrs.Lambert said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs.Lambert said...

yay tori's in too!!!im gonna weigh in tomorrow,because today im purging from the weekend(:

Happy Girl said...

OH!! OH! Pick me! Pick me!!! I lost like 3 pounds last week and was so happy that for once it looked like it was going down.... And then I gained it all back over the weekend. *** Yah. That was a genious plan there. BUT I am back at it from here on out like nothing ever happened. So I've never watched the actual "biggest loser" But does this have anything to do with that? Or are we just doing our diets and exercise and then seeing who loses the most? whatever it is I'm SO IN! Hehe, this is getting me excited. Thanks for the uplift Ang, it's just what I needed. =D

Anonymous said...

Are you saying I need to lose weight? How RUDE.
But the good news is...I'm already 15 pounds ahead of yall!!

Anonymous said...

You know what! it's just not fair when I had a baby I never lost a pound without trying,,, but then again I did gain 67!!! Still get a game plan together and lest get this contest started! I am so highped up!
amber

blondevue... said...

Hey Ang, So does the weigh in start today or tomorrow? And how are we going to do it, are you going to put the rules/guidlines (start & end date, accountability, weekly weigh in, ect...) on your blog and we can each blog or email our progress?
Let us know (aka email or blog it) :)

Happy Girl said...

Wowzers. Ok, so I clicked on the email link and logged in and suddenly I'm a Team Member or something like that. Was that supposed to happen? =] I thought I was being invited to a private blog so I didn't really read the details. AWESOME address though. haha. It's the best.