Friday, May 27, 2011

News,News,News

ITS OFFICIAL. We are buying a house.Despite the fact that we want to leave Alaska,and probably will in the next few years,we have decided to invest.Also,my brother just built a beautiful 5 bedroom,2 story home that he needs to get rid of fast since he just got accepted into the military,and he made us an offer we couldnt refuse.

We are moving in July.Again.But this time its different,because its OURS(: Pretty exciting(:

The Lord has blessed us tremendously,and we cant deny it.Nor do we deserve it.We are so thankful for this opportunity accept for the fact that Phil and Jenn will be leaving us at the end of the year.But im not thinking about that now.I know they are doing what God wants,impossible doors have been opened to them,but im hate the thought of losing another sibling.He's actually my last sibling left in Fairbanks,and the thought of them leaving makes my heart hurt.

I cant believe Josh and I will be the last Alaskans standing in our family.Of course our parents are still in the state,but Josh's live so far away we hardly get to see them,and who knows what my parents will do if they get their house to sell this year.Its just crazy to think about.'

Anyways,our new house is incredible,we are going to get to landscape it ourselves,which im pretty excited about,and we have about 2 acres of land to play with.I have virtually no furniture to fill the house with,so the prospect of having all that room to slowly fill the house the way i like is pretty cool.I see some trips to Anchorage and Pier One Imports in our future(: We will have a two car garage,(already dubbed "josh's mancave") and huge garden plot/greenhouse area(HOORAY!!!) and a lot of extra room for whatever...sheds...a yard...whatever we want(:
It's really overwhelming to think about right now,but the possibilities are pretty incredible.
I even have a walk-in closet and jacuzzi tub in my master bathroom(: how cool is that!(:
Not only are there 5 bedroom upstairs,(so i get a craft room!) theres a huge den/family room in the middle of it all,besides the regular living room downstairs!(:I have a giant Kitchen with more couterspace and cabinets than i could ever use,adjacent to a beautiful carpeted living room and carpeted staircase.The whole upstairs also has beautiful blue carpet,so my decorating ideas are to stick to earthtones accected by blue.

I cant thank Phil and Jenn enough for this opportunity,because it wouldnt be possible without their generosity.We have an amazing family,thats for sure.Im sure its not easy to give up such a beautiful new home after building it yourself and only getting to live in it a few months,but at the same time I know how excited they are about doing the Lord's work no matter the cost.They are an incredible family,and we have learned so much from them.I will miss my bro and sis in law more than they will ever know.And my boys.sigh.I better stop before the tears start....i can cry after they leave,at least i have them here till the end of the year.Phil leaves for basic in the fall,and they should get their orders around Christmas time.

Well there are big changes ahead,all good and full of the Lord's blessings,and I covet your prayers during the next few months as it all happens.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

You're too sweet Ang!! Phil and I are so blessed that you are helping us out!!! It IS a blessing to have such a wonderful family. Thanks for your post and thanks for making me cry!!!! LOVE YOU!!!!

Heather McEntire said...

=o(
*sniff*

wish i was there.
at least for a little while.

Anonymous said...

You are in for big things,,,, well a big home atleast! LOL Love ya!!!!!

TO BECOME said...

Well, you even made me cry. Cry in happiness and some sadness for you. You are going to be just fine and have lots of fun. I miss Jen too.connie