Friday, April 15, 2011

Family Time

Tonight Josh asked his two best girls on a date to the outdoor show,and we had a grand ol time(: In Alaska we love the time of year the outdoor show comes around,signaling the arrival of spring and the coming summer fun! Afterward,we had a little time to kill before we had to drop the daddy off at work,so we ran over to barns and noble to pretend like we were book-reading type of people.We have fun doing that once or twice a year...I found some cute journals on sale,and since i needed a new one(even though i have about 10 unused old ones,but m tired of looking at them)i bought one to employ as my new Prayer Journal im determined to start...my sister gave me the idea of a prayer scrapbook,so maybe ill go that route.Isn't it adorable???



While we were waiting on Josh to get done browsing(my attention span in a book store has always been about 10 minutes)Mckinley and I read this cute little store on th floor.She was pretty determined to "show it to daddy" when we got done...she walked right up to him and determinedly asked him if she coul have it.Since we are pretty excited to have a child that is interested in books(unlike her simple parents)we said yes of course.We had to read it again before she went to bed...per her request(:


Josh and I on the other hand both splurged a little on a few of our own obsessions....I might not be allowed to run this weekend,but ill sure feed my addiction any way i can(: If anyone wants to by me a subscription to "Runner's World",feel free,I will adore you for eternity(:


Also my birthday is in 8 days.just sayin.(;

3 comments:

Husband said...

I'll buy you a subscription to any magazines you want... You dot even have to ask ;)

Anonymous said...

Loverly journal. :)
Susannah and Madeline have a book just like that only its about butterflies.

Anonymous said...

YAY for husbands reading wives blogs. I have never had my hubby do that. It's been 5 years... Boo,,, But yay for Josh doing it. Lucky girl!