Friday, April 15, 2011

What does running mean to me???

So my blog needed a facelift....im obsessed with changing my blog around,its turned into a bit of a sickness...always have to be working on something new and different... The doc put me on bedrest for the afternoon,so i was bored and it seemed like a good time.(no worries,just a little cramping the last day or two from pushing too hard this week.) I was told to take it easy this weekend,which totally stinks when your obsesssed with running like i am...but i gotta think of my baby...and i just might get the much coveted 20-week ultrasound a bit early so its not so bad(: ive been harrasing them to give me one this week,(ill be 18 weeks on monday,that seems close enough to halfway to me!) but they wanted me to wait... until i called i told them about the cramping,so they said they just might check me out tmrw,when my midwife gets back...hehehe...i sure hope so,im just dying to know if its a boy or a girl. Im just really hoping this doesnt affect my "running through the summer" plan since they JUST scraped the bike path...ive been measuing it with my ruler every day and tracking the meltage, cuz i am SOOOOO over the treadmill! But sometimes,in the race of life,theres a time to stop running.And if its gonna hurt my teeny tiny one,instead of help,it might be time for me to slow down.sigh.We shall see... Im running another race right now,involving a two year old and a whole lot of child training.We are going to start potty training this week,so cross your fingers for me.She's a handful,but i have a feeling it will go well because she's so incredibly smart.i tell her something once,and she never forgets.so once she actually GOES in the potty,i have a feeling itll be all downhill. How about the most important race of all???Are we running God's race???Ive been in my bible and studying prayer this week,and im praying for people to witness to.I have a few people in mind,so pray with me for boldness,to find people to share the gospel with,and people to disciple... Running the race of life...with my husband as well...we are praying about preparing to buy our first home,and WAY nervous about it.We got some good news and advice today...now its just some hard work to get things prepared this summer for SOMETHING to happen. How about all of you??? Did anyone run a few miles this week?did anyone even attempt to run,physically,spiritually,or otherwaise? Did your kids have you running around like a chicken with its head cut off? Did you witness to anyone this week???Run towards God's mark,we're running out or time! Did you meet any goals,or make any goals?Run toward your goals people!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember a message that Jason Clark once preached about running. It was a good message. I have run towards a few goals this week and it felt good. We just came outta revival and the best thing was that Sunday was the end and come Monday God brought a person (co-worker) to my home for me to witness to. She's going through a hard time and was questioning God. So I told her she was welcome to come over and talk if she wanted to. So she did! We talked about our walk with God and being in valley's! What a blessing to see God open a door for me to speak to someone. First time EVER!

Running physically..... Not so much! That is the next goal!

Grammie Kim said...

Good post, Angela. Let me know what happens at the midwife. :)

Jenn said...

Great post Ang.....take it easy and let me know if you need anything.

blondevue... said...

I haven't ran any "miles" this week - physically. But have been trying to spiritually, invited a guy from work to the revival this week, deff ALMOST chickened out of that one right before I did. But God said GO. So I did. He didn't come but I really think he will soon.
I've got a lot of inward races I'm running. Races to find where GOD wants me.
Glad you posted girl, wondering about the cramping, scares me, BUT I know that you HAVE been going going going this week with revival, and a TWO YEAR OLD!! Love you, you're running a great race. So worth running. :)